cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.9.3.10 to 2.2.3 Easiest Method?

SOLVED

Magento 1.9.3.10 to 2.2.3 Easiest Method?

Current Magento poduction version is Magento-1.9.3.10 and we have a free domain that I can use to setup and test / staging version Magento-2.2.3.

I'm confused to the best method to migrate version Magento-1.9 production store to Magento-2.2.3.

Do I need to duplicate my production store to the free domain, or do I install Magento-2.2.3 on the free domain and use the data migration tool?

Reading through "Creating a Migration Plan" (https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/migration/migration-plan.html), "Step 3: Dry run", really confusing and hard to follow for none server people, throw away lines, "Copy your Magento 1 store to a staging server" and "Fully migrate the replicated Magento 1 store to Magento 2", how, a link on how to do this would be great as I only use FileZilla for updates to Magento etc.

Really need an idiots guide, step by step, to migration, anybody help?

Also, the production Theme isn't supported for use with Magento2, will this cause issues?

Thank you.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 1.9.3.10 to 2.2.3 Easiest Method?

Hi @Chinwag,

There is no way to migrate the magento 1.9.3 to 2.2.3 since the both versions having different database and structures are totally different. so you only go with data migration tool. but nothing ensures it will gives you the best result. but you can try that.

If my solution is useful, give kudos & accept as solution

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

View solution in original post

Hi @Chinwag,

You need to purchase the theme which are used for 1.93 in the version of 2.2.3 and I didn't know about code migration tool.

issue solved? give kudos & accept as solution

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

Wow. In my experience, you should install Magento 2.2.3 on another domain (free) and use the data migration tool.

Also, the production Theme isn't supported for use with Magento2, will this cause issues? ==> Yes. You need to choose a new theme for Magento 2 store. Do the same to the extensions.

I will write an idiots step-by-step guide for you (haha):

1. Install Magento 2 on a subdomain or sub directory.
  2. Migrate your data to Magento 2 using this migration tool.
  3. Install your new theme and necessary extensions.
  4. Point the primary domain to new Magento 2 store.
  5. Done! Enjoy the new store.

Hope this helps!

Magento migration service. Cheapest. Fastest. Easiest.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Chinwag,

There is no way to migrate the magento 1.9.3 to 2.2.3 since the both versions having different database and structures are totally different. so you only go with data migration tool. but nothing ensures it will gives you the best result. but you can try that.

If my solution is useful, give kudos & accept as solution

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

Thank you @madhuresan_ramanan, so if I understand correctly, I need to install version 2.2.3, as the Theme I'm purchasing hasnt been tested against 2.3, on a different server and then run the Data Migration Tool for version 2.2.3?

After testing switching the new version 2.2.3 to the old server domain?

Also, have you had experience of the Code Migration Toolkit, and its success rate?

Thank you again for your time.

Hi @Chinwag,

You need to purchase the theme which are used for 1.93 in the version of 2.2.3 and I didn't know about code migration tool.

issue solved? give kudos & accept as solution

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

Wow. In my experience, you should install Magento 2.2.3 on another domain (free) and use the data migration tool.

Also, the production Theme isn't supported for use with Magento2, will this cause issues? ==> Yes. You need to choose a new theme for Magento 2 store. Do the same to the extensions.

I will write an idiots step-by-step guide for you (haha):

1. Install Magento 2 on a subdomain or sub directory.
  2. Migrate your data to Magento 2 using this migration tool.
  3. Install your new theme and necessary extensions.
  4. Point the primary domain to new Magento 2 store.
  5. Done! Enjoy the new store.

Hope this helps!

Magento migration service. Cheapest. Fastest. Easiest.