cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento AUTO updated, and lost all 1.9 shop...how? revert?

SOLVED

Magento AUTO updated, and lost all 1.9 shop...how? revert?

hey guys, after building a fully functional 1.9 shop - addictionindustriesapparel.com/shop

-I get a message from my customer saying the site is down, and when I view the shop page or even the Admin panel, it says welcome to Magento 2.0 and to start "setup" here.

How is this possible, what could have happened and how can we fix?

Any input would be helpful.  thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento AUTO updated, and lost all 1.9 shop...how? revert?

hey there thank you. It turned out to be a problem with the hosting SSL. 

It was pulling all the info from my other domain. Was very odd but all is fixed and restored now. I appreciate the assistance.

Keep it up Magento Team!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

There is no automated way to "upgrade to Magento 2". So this can only have been done by someone overriding the files with those from a Magento 2 package rather than Magento 1 package.

What work has been conducted recently? Do you make changes directly on the server or do you have a development company that do this for you?

If the files have been overwritten, then you will either need to get a file backup from your host or from your own backups. The database is unlikely to be affected at this stage but it's hard to say. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Hi there thanks,  no there has not been any changes made so that is why I am so confused.

I had an SSL error going on through Hostgator so I am trying to figure out that problem now.

I am hoping I can roll back to 1.9 where i had an accurate theme and was fully setup and functional.

Very strange. Thanks for the reply I will continue looking into this

As @Tom Robertshaw stated it is not possible for Magento to be "updated" on it's own so someone somewhere must have done something. 

You may need to restore from a working backup if you have a copy or you may need to try asking your hosting provider and see if they have a working copy. 

In the future do make sure to take regular backups especially when you make important changes just in case. 

hey there thank you. It turned out to be a problem with the hosting SSL. 

It was pulling all the info from my other domain. Was very odd but all is fixed and restored now. I appreciate the assistance.

Keep it up Magento Team!

Glad to hear that you managed to work it out!