cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Connect won't get updates in version 1.9.2.0

Magento Connect won't get updates in version 1.9.2.0

Just upgraded my site to Magento version 1.9.2.0 and Magento Connect Downloader will not check for upgrades. When I am in the mangento connect manager and click "check for updates" it just reloads the page and doesn't show any updates in yellow like it used to in prior versions.

Also, yes, I have multiple extensions they have stable upgrade versions available but again magento connect doesn't seem to be able to find them.

Is anyone else noticing magento connect not working in latest Magento 1.9.2.0????

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Magento Connect won't get updates in version 1.9.2.0

Same problem.  This is a bummer.  No solutions anywhere out there that I can find either. Seems like the consensus is to bail on Magento Connect and only do manual updates!

Same issue here, just spotted it when trying to update to 1.9.2.1 on a few diffrent sites.

Is your setup running on RedHat / CentOS? There is an issue in downloader/lib/Mage/HTTP/Client/Curl.php that causes some downloads to fail because of the way it tries to utilize SSL. The issue is that the version of cURL in RedHat / CentOS is compiled against NSS rather than OpenSSL libraries, which makes the TLS1 syntax different. For now people have been getting arround it by commenting out one line as discussed here:

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/73861/solution-to-magento-downloader-1-9-2-unknown-ciphe...

Commenting out that line fixed the upgrade checking in Magento Connect for me.

@npikenexcess wrote:

Is your setup running on RedHat / CentOS? There is an issue in downloader/lib/Mage/HTTP/Client/Curl.php that causes some downloads to fail because of the way it tries to utilize SSL. The issue is that the version of cURL in RedHat / CentOS is compiled against NSS rather than OpenSSL libraries, which makes the TLS1 syntax different. For now people have been getting arround it by commenting out one line as discussed here:

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/73861/solution-to-magento-downloader-1-9-2-unknown-ciphe...

Commenting out that line fixed the upgrade checking in Magento Connect for me.

That's incorrect. This will only solve the issue with Connect reporting "Unknown cipher in list: TLSv1"

**bleep**ing retared magento programmers are **bleep**ing stupid. cant believe they havent fixed this yet. 

verify the permissions for your installation on the /downloader folder.