cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No product data are showing after upgrading to CE 1.9.3.6

No product data are showing after upgrading to CE 1.9.3.6

Hi,
I am trying to upgrade a magento store from CE 1.9.0.1 to CE 1.9.3.6 following a guide from https://magenticians.com/upgrade-magento-1-7-to-1-9/.
But after completing the process no data are showing in dashboard or front end but the connected database has all those data in place. I had upgraded another store from CE 1.9.1.1 to 1.9.3.6 following same process and that worked successfully. But this one having this issue.

Can someone please advise what may be the reason and how can it be fixed? 

Regards
iwdnil

3 REPLIES 3

Re: No product data are showing after upgrading to CE 1.9.3.6

Hi @iwdnil,

Can you check the Magento system.log and exception.log files? Also, cam you check your webserver error log?

If there's an error maybe you'll find some clue in those files.

Hi,

Thanks for reply
I refreshed all and created checked log.
There is no exception log but a system log generated which is showing a PHP warning like
ERR (3): Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): Entity: line 7: parser error : Premature end of data in tag html line 1 in in ../app/code/core/Mage/AdminNotification/Model/Feed.php on line 173.

Can you please advice to to stop this warning? But do you think this warning can be a possible reason to stop showing data?

Regards
iwdnil

Hi,

I have got the fix. The above system log error was not the issue but it was being generated from blank data. Actually the issue is, there was a set of duplicate tables with no data and no prefix. I didn't know the actual tables are there in the same database with a prefix and so didn't use the table prefix in the installation step. 
I reinstalled with a fresh copy of database with prefixed tables and it resolved the issue.