cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proceed to checkout not working after upgrade to php 5.5

Proceed to checkout not working after upgrade to php 5.5

Hello everyone,

Im busy building a site and in the middle of this process my hoster decided to upgrade the php version on the server from 5.3 to 5.5.25.

and now when i have items in my shopping cart and want to "proceed to checkout" it just keeps reloading my shopping cart page.

before this upgrade everything worked normally.

I use:

Magento CE 1.9.1.1 with latest patches

PHP 5.5.25

MySQL  5.5.40

I already tried the following:

* switching back to the default  theme but this problem exists in all installed themes

* cleared the magento cache

* checked file rights on the server

* searched the forum for similar problems

I also noticed that when i am logged in as a customer the "proceed to checkout" button works normally.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction ? I have almost no magento / php experience but  i am an experienced systems admin.

Thanx in advance 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Proceed to checkout not working after upgrade to php 5.5

Disable your current theme and check the "Proceed to checkout" in base theme. If it works with base theme then you may easily find out the solution.

I have already tried switching to the base theme and that does not work. I just installed a fresh magento CE 1.9.1.1 on the same hosting server and just added 1 product in it to test and i can confirm that this problem is caused by the upgrade to PHP 5.5.25.

I will try to do a fresh magento install on another server with a different version of PHP just to double check.

Hi Jcase,

Were you able to find a solution to this problem?