cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'sales_order_status' already exists

SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'sales_order_status' already exists

Hi 

Have received an error whilst upgrading from V1.4.2.0 to V1.5.1.0 which did not upgraded successfully I then used an Installatron backup to restore website. Initially the restore appeared to work until I started testing this upgrade after the first failure. I now get this perpetual error upgrading to V1.5.1.0 :- 

Error in file: "/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.4.0.22-1.4.0.23.php" - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'sales_order_status' already exists

It now seems that the backup restore did work properly as it seems to have left tables that are not native to V1.4 so now when I try to upgrade to V1.5.1.0 it throws the same "Base table or view already exists error" every time I try to upgrade.

Big question am I doomed or is there a work round,

Any help would be much appreciated,

kind regards

Nick

1 REPLY 1

Re: SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'sales_order_status' already exis

The main reason behind this error is, when you first tried upgrade, table was created and now when you try again, it already has table saved and thus flashes error.

Please try steps below:

1. Take backup of "sales_order_status" table
2. Remove that table from database
3. Try to upgrade magento now