cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating from 1.9.2.3 to 1.9.2.4

Updating from 1.9.2.3 to 1.9.2.4

I am new to Magento, but not to web development.  I had no problem using SSH and the SH command to update the latest SUPEE-7405 patch today.  However, I am sincerely stumped in trying to figure out how to update from 1.9.2.3 to 1.9.2.4.  First of all, I understand that this updated patch is the only thing that this point release contains, if I'm not mistaken, so I didn't really understand why updating this patch didn't update my version number.  But secondly, am I reading correctly that I have to completely reinstall Magento and migrate to a brand new SQL database, new hosting location, and copy all of my customizations over for every single point release?  Surely that is not right.  Please help this newbie out!  

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Updating from 1.9.2.3 to 1.9.2.4

You just need to apply the 1.9.2.4 code over your 1.9.2.3 code (assuming you did not edit core files). This is easily done using a version control system. You do not need to get a new SQL db, or a new hosting location.

If you applied the latest patch, I wouldn't worry about going over to 1.9.2.4 especially if you are not running PHP 5.3 (which is what this fixed).

-Kris
4x Certified, Blogger @ xgento.com

For version 1.9, maybe https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/magento-to-magento-migration-tool.html is good to upgrade magento to magento 1.9.2.4 with little technical knowledge 

Сделайте обновление следующим образом:

1. В панели администратора на период обновления верните дефолтную тему (Система => Дизайн => default/blank);
  2. В панели администратора отключите кэш (Система => Управление кэшем) и выключите компиляцию (Система => Инструменты => Компиляция);
  3. Через  FTP в папке docs/var поставьте права 777;
  4. В Magento-Connect нажмите Check for Upgrades и обновите Mage_All_Latest;
  5. После обновления введите команду в папке docs через SSH: find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

6. Через FTP удалите файл maintenance.flag в папке docs;

7. В папке docs в файле .htaccess удалите строки:

## TRACE and TRACK HTTP methods disabled to prevent XSS attacks

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^TRAC[EK]
    RewriteRule .* - [L,R=405]