cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating magento has reverted all settings to default and cannot restore site settings

Updating magento has reverted all settings to default and cannot restore site settings

I updated through magento connect, and it seems all my settings have reverted to 'default' instead of custom settings for several sites/stores.

I have 4 different stores (all were customised) and all are now showing default store settings.

Foe example each store now shows the categories of the default store, and I cannot seem to get the correect categories to show. All settings seem correct.

Even the site logos have reveted back to default store.

First question - why has this happened and is this a comon issue - I am going to be reluctant to update anyhitng if it is going to revert all settings and lose several hours of work.

How can I restore custom settings - categories for each store show only default categories and I cannot see anyhitng wroing with the settings.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: Updating magento has reverted all settings to default and cannot restore site settings

Hi,

We run around 60 sites here at iWeb and have never had this issue when updating the sites - so this is an extremly unusual case. You say you updated through Magento connect - did you see any errors in the console output at all during the update?

I know this doesn't help the current situation - but in the future I would strongly advise always taking a backup of not only your code; but your database too before doing an upgrade. Additionally I would always test an upgrade on a dev site (or a copy of the live site) somewhere else before doing it on the live - just incase any of these problems occur.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner