cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 1.9.4.0 - Now purchase order email to supplier isn't working properly

Upgraded to 1.9.4.0 - Now purchase order email to supplier isn't working properly

We updated to Magento Community 1.9.4.0 a few months ago. I would appreciate any suggestions to the issue below.

We've been using the Crius Dropshipping module which sends a purchase order with the customer info to each supplier who has a product in the order (actually sends them to me and I forward them).

The module utilizes transactional email templates that I set up for each supplier. It's pretty basic, but the email PO is all I need since I'm not managing inventory. Unfortunately, when we updated Magento, the module started sporadically working.

I immediately tried to contact the module developer, but it seems that they are no longer in business (or at least under that name).

I either need to find a way to patch the old module to be compatible with the new Magento version or find a replacement module. None of the ones that I found seem to offer just the minor functionality I need - send email like the customer confirmation, but for suppliers.

Maybe, I'm not searching using the proper terms, but I didn't think it would be hard to find something acceptable.

Any help is welcomed. Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Upgraded to 1.9.4.0 - Now purchase order email to supplier isn't working properly

Hello @decorinteriors 

I understand the problem you are facing !

Here in this case better solution would be to debug the module at your own end (using developer) - like where its breaking with the new version and where its showing error and not working or you can choose alternate extension or ask any developer to build extension based on your need.

Because most of the time those third-party specific module error can be resolved by module developer/provider itself or i would say if someone else try on the same then it might take so much time to resolved those errors.

or you can provide exact functionality what you want and tried any alternate extension for the same.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Re: Upgraded to 1.9.4.0 - Now purchase order email to supplier isn't working properly

Hello @decorinteriors 

can i know what is version before that?

and is cron is working on server?

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

I believe it was 1.9.3.2 or something very close before that

Per our hosting service Nexcess, "I can confirm that the cron for that domain is set up and running"

We are upgrading to Magento 2, so we're now looking for a similar extension for the new platform. Any inexpensive options? Crius Dropshipping was free, simple and did exactly what we need. It's frustrating that a replacement is so difficult to find (or maybe I'm searching using incorrect terminology). I search on "vendor email", "purchase order email", "dropshipping email", etc.