cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to1.9.2.2 from 1.9.1.1 and now user registration not working

SOLVED

Upgraded to1.9.2.2 from 1.9.1.1 and now user registration not working

Upgraded to1.9.2.2 from 1.9.1.1 and now user registration page just refeshing on save. Nothing found in the system.log. had a customer register just before the update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Upgraded to1.9.2.2 from 1.9.1.1 and now user registration not working

Hello,

As per supee-6788, you need to put

<?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey') ?>

in all the below files and if you are using custom theme than you need to check in your custom theme.

1) app/design/frontend/[your_custom_theme]/template/customer/form/register.phtml
2) app/design/frontend/[your_custom_theme]/template/customer/form/resetforgottenpassword.phtml
3) app/design/frontend/[your_custom_theme]/template/persistent/customer/form/register.phtml
3) app/design/frontend/[your_custom_theme]/template/persistent/customer/form/login.phtml
Problem solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
200+ Magento 2 Extensions for Enhanced Shopping Experience.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

Read through the patched templates in the base template and modify any templates in your custom template

Usually what you find is that a hidden FORMKEY field has been added to the template.

Patched template files

+++ app/design/frontend/base/default/layout/customer.xml
+++ app/design/frontend/base/default/template/customer/form/register.phtml
+++ app/design/frontend/base/default/template/customer/form/resetforgottenpassword.phtml
+++ app/design/frontend/base/default/template/persistent/customer/form/register.phtml

+++ app/design/frontend/default/iphone/layout/customer.xml
+++ app/design/frontend/default/modern/layout/customer.xml

+++ app/design/frontend/rwd/default/layout/customer.xml
+++ app/design/frontend/rwd/default/template/customer/form/resetforgottenpassword.phtml
+++ app/design/frontend/rwd/default/template/persistent/customer/form/register.phtml

Hello,

in all the below files and if you are using custom theme than you need to check in your custom theme.

1) app/design/frontend/[your_custom_theme]/template/customer/form/register.phtml
2) app/design/frontend/[your_custom_theme]/template/customer/form/resetforgottenpassword.phtml
3) app/design/frontend/[your_custom_theme]/template/persistent/customer/form/register.phtml
3) app/design/frontend/[your_custom_theme]/template/persistent/customer/form/login.phtml
Problem solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
200+ Magento 2 Extensions for Enhanced Shopping Experience.

Thank you both for your answers. I had the formkey setup in my /template/customer/ forms but forgot to include in the /template/persistent/customer/ forms. You guys really saved me a few days of scratching my head and I appreciate it!

@Sanjay Jethva wrote:

Hello,

Hi, in that row place formkey?

Thanks

Please correct me if I am wrong...only a year working with  magento.

Joso970 - I inserted the formkey code right after the form tag in each of these files mentioned above and that fixed the issue for me.

<form action="<?php echo $this->getPostActionUrl() ?>" method="post" id="form-validate">

Hi Ken, your solution not work on my site with Astra Theme by Magik...

Have you other suggest?

Thanks

Joso

Sorry for Bump...

Ken, I solved my problem. All the exsension that override the file register.phtml must add the row of code tha you suggest.

Joso

I have put <?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey') ?> every pages as suggest but still my register page is not working.

1. Example of code : app/design/frontend/package/theme/template/persistent/customer/form/register.phtml

<form action="<?php echo $this->getPostActionUrl() ?>" method="post" id="form-validate" class="scaffold-form" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<div class="fieldset">
<input type="hidden" name="success_url" value="<?php echo $this->getSuccessUrl() ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="error_url" value="<?php echo $this->getErrorUrl() ?>" />

<p class="form-instructions"><?php echo $this->__('Please enter the following information to create your account.') ?></p>
<p class="required"><?php echo $this->__('* Required Fields') ?></p>
<ul class="form-list">
<!-- <input type="hidden" name="form_key" value="<?php //echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey() ?>" />-->

2. Example of code : app/design/frontend/package/theme/template/persistent/customer/form/login.phtml

<?php echo $this->getMessagesBlock()->toHtml() ?>
<form action="<?php echo $this->getPostActionUrl() ?>" method="post" id="login-form" class="scaffold-form">
<?php echo $this->getBlockHtml('formkey'); ?>
<div class="col2-set">
<?php if ($this->helper('customer')->isRegistrationAllowed()): ?>

3. Example of code : app/design/frontend/package/theme/template/customer/form/register.phtml

<form action="<?php echo $this->getPostActionUrl() ?>" method="post" id="form-validate">
<div class="fieldset">
<input type="hidden" name="success_url" value="<?php echo $this->getSuccessUrl() ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="error_url" value="<?php echo $this->getErrorUrl() ?>" />
<input type="hidden" name="form_key" value="<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey() ?>" />

4. Example of code : app/design/frontend/package/theme/template/customer/form/resetforgottenpassword.phtml

<form action="<?php echo $this->getUrl('*/*/resetpasswordpost'); ?>" method="post" id="form-validate">
<div class="fieldset" style="margin-top: 70px;">
<ul class="form-list">
<input type="hidden" name="form_key" value="<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey() ?>" />

Please check my code and suggest me why still my registration is not working just refresh after submit.

Please help ?

Thanks in advanced 

Now it is resolved and register.phtml  page was coming from recapcha module. i was searching into  persistent and customer module.

THanks 

+91 9654882254