Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after i upgrade

after i upgrade

after i upgrade 

i go to admin panel ----> system ---->magento conntect mager 

i get

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

and 

what i need upgrde  if only mage_all_latest  version ?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: after i upgrade

var/log/system.log and var/log/exception.log (if exists) files should give you pretty good idea what's going on. Also did you flush caches and reindex database?

Tanel Raja

var/log/system.log  

there is no log directory   !!!

If there is no var/log folder. Then your permissions are not set correctly.

If your permissions are not set correctly in var, you will run into issues. Especially with caching. I would examine all your sites permissions.

Here is a article to help you out. https://blog.nexcess.net/2010/12/06/securing-magento-file-directory-permissions/

In my opinion, I would personally not use Magento Connect to upgrade your Magento Instance. I would personally do it through version control as you will be able to have more control of your code.

-Kris
4x Certified, Blogger @ xgento.com

you said 

I would personally do it through version control as you will be able to have more control of your code.

HOW ?

By default Magento logging is turned off. Go to "System" > "Advanced | "Developer" > "Log Settings" and enable logging first. Magento logs contain all kind of important and useful stuff. Consult with them before you do anything else.

Tanel Raja