cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrage error - There has been an error processing your request

upgrage error - There has been an error processing your request

Hello! 

I'm all very new to Magento and any computer programming/website design. Magento is linked to my cpanel and when cpanel told me magento needed to be upgraded, I upgraded it on cpanel. Before upgrading, I did do a backup of the website. After finding the syntax error, i went back to cpanel to restore it back to its original state but was unable to. I even gave inmotionhosting, my web hosting website, a call but they were unable to fix the problem. But this is what Magento is giving me

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.`value)` = '0') AND (`start_time` = '2016-06-' at line 2, query was: SELECT `main_table`.*, Rand() AS `order` FROM `mg_bannerslider_banner` AS `main_table`
 LEFT JOIN `mg_bannerslider_value` AS `status` ON main_table.banner_id = status.banner_id AND status.store_id = 1 AND status.attribute_code = 'status' WHERE (`bannerslider_id` = '3') AND (`IF(status`.`value IS NULL, main_table`.`status, status`.`value)` = '0') AND (`start_time` = '2016-06-22') ORDER BY order_banner ASC

I don't know exactly what this is or where I can find it. I have been reading all the other forms related to this topic but none of them are exactly like the one I'm encountering. If anyone has any idea on how to fix it, please let me know!

Thank You!

Best,

iwNetworks 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: upgrage error - There has been an error processing your request

Technically it's not a Magento issue as it seems to be a third party extension that throws this database error. Did you back up both code AND database?

Tanel Raja

@Pronto, I just backed up the database, didn't know there was a set of codes I also had to back up too. When I called my web hosting site, they told me that I should probably get in contact with the hosting site, Magento, to get more information. 

But this is the rest of the error that I'm getting, if it helps.

Trace:
#0 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Zend/Db/Statement.php(291): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array)
#2 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(480): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#3 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SELECT `main_ta...', Array)
#4 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(504): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('SELECT `main_ta...', Array)
#5 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(737): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query('SELECT `main_ta...', Array)
#6 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/lib/Varien/Data/Collection/Db.php(740): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll('SELECT `main_ta...', Array)
#7 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Collection/Abstract.php(521): Varien_Data_Collection_Db->_fetchAll('SELECT `main_ta...', Array)
#8 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/lib/Varien/Data/Collection/Db.php(572): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Collection_Abstract->getData()
#9 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/lib/Varien/Data/Collection.php(741): Varien_Data_Collection_Db->load()
#10 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/community/Magestore/Bannerslider/Block/Default.php(44): Varien_Data_Collection->getIterator()
#11 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/bannerslider/bannerslider.phtml(28): Magestore_Bannerslider_Block_Default->getBlockData()
#12 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include('/home/iwnetw5/p...')
#13 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/base/d...')
#14 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/community/Magestore/Bannerslider/Block/Bannerslider.php(47): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#15 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(919): Magestore_Bannerslider_Block_Bannerslider->_toHtml()
#16 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#17 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(919): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#18 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(637): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#19 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(581): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('content', true)
#20 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/design/frontend/rwd/default/template/page/2columns-right.phtml(55): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('content')
#21 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include('/home/iwnetw5/p...')
#22 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/rwd/de...')
#23 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(286): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#24 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(919): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#25 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(555): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#26 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(390): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#27 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(137): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#28 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/Helper/Page.php(52): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->_renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), 'home')
#29 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Cms/controllers/IndexController.php(45): Mage_Cms_Helper_Page->renderPage(Object(Mage_Cms_IndexController), 'home')
#30 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Cms_IndexController->indexAction()
#31 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#32 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#33 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(365): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#34 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#35 /home/iwnetw5/public_html/estore/index.php(83): Mage::run('', 'store')
#36 {main}

Remove Magestore extension Bannerslider, make sure that upgrades goes well and reinstall it (or possibly upgrade it to newer version). This is your upgrade failure point right now.

Tanel Raja