cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4.0 Advanced Pricing not working: task update pending, Unknown connection name amqp

2.4.0 Advanced Pricing not working: task update pending, Unknown connection name amqp

I am new to Magento, I set up a new store as follows:

Debian 10, Apache/2.4.38, PHP 7.3.19-1~deb10u1, mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.3.23-MariaDB, elasticsearch 7.9.0

I have set up some basic product categories, and added a configurable product with 2 underlying simple products.

I have attempted to set an "Advanced Pricing" for one of the underlying simple products by editing the simple product, selecting "Advanced Pricing", and setting "Special Price", "Special Price From", and "To".

Now I have a 'Task "Update attributes for 1 selected products": 1 item(s) have been scheduled for update.' system message.

The 'View Details' for that message state:

"

Description of Operation

Update attributes for 1 selected products
 Summary
Pending, in queue...
 Start Time
8/24/2020 7:18:00 PM
"
And the update never happens.

In {magento-install-dir}/var/log/system.log I see lots of:
"main.INFO: Consumer "async.operations.all" skipped as required connection "amqp" is not configured. Unknown connection name amqp [] []"

My magento cron is running.

I would rather not install and run rabbitmq.

I have poured through the magento docs and forums, tried adding the following to app/etc/env.php (with no positive effect):
'cron_consumers_runner' => [
        'cron_run' => true,
        'max_messages' => 1000,
        'consumers' => [
            'async.operations.all'
        ]
    ] 
Can someone please explain what to do to resolve this?

Thanks,
Evelyn
4 REPLIES 4

Re: 2.4.0 Advanced Pricing not working: task update pending, Unknown connection name amqp

Hello @KnittyNoddy 

Can you please run the below command

php bin/magento indexer:reindex 

and check is it working fine or not???

If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Thank you
Anant Prajapati
Magento Certified Developer

Re: 2.4.0 Advanced Pricing not working: task update pending, Unknown connection name amqp

I have the same issue under 2.4 - the reindex does cure the initial problem, but the task reminder remains on screen and does not seem to clear itself. I haven't had a chance to check with support, but I'm guessing the priority on the cron job is too low and therefore it never runs because there isn't the opportunity for it to do so.....

Thank you,
Mike.

No, running the reindexer did not work.  Nothing I tried worked.  The task alert never cleared and the special pricing never kicked in.

I then disabled Magento_Amqp and Magento_WebapiAsync, following the on-screen instruction to run setup:di:compile.

This too didn't work.

So, since I had run a backup before doing the special pricing, as in:

bin/magento setup:backup --code --db --media

I did a rollback to the backup, as in:

bin/magento setup:rollback --db-file=1598031009_db.sql --code-file=1598031009_filesystem_code.tgz --media-file=1598031009_filesystem_media.tgz

This restored the state to just before trying the special pricing.

THEN, I redid the disable of Magento_Amqp and Magento_WebapiAsync.

And the special pricing worked.

The Magento documentation SUCKS.  It should specify that if you don't want to run RabbitMQ, that you need to disable Magento_Amqp and Magento_WebapiAsync FIRST before doing anything that would try to use a message queue - such as "Special Pricing".

It turns out that there are apparently Cron issues with 2.4, at least as I understand.

The workaround I've gotten is that after choosing an export, I now just go to my SSH and do 

bin/magento cron:run

And this gets me what I need for now. Hopefully this will be solved soon.

Thank you,
Mike.