I am new to Magento, I set up a new store as follows:
Debian 10, Apache/2.4.38, PHP 7.3.19-1~deb10u1, mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.3.23-MariaDB, elasticsearch 7.9.0
I have set up some basic product categories, and added a configurable product with 2 underlying simple products.
I have attempted to set an "Advanced Pricing" for one of the underlying simple products by editing the simple product, selecting "Advanced Pricing", and setting "Special Price", "Special Price From", and "To".
Now I have a 'Task "Update attributes for 1 selected products": 1 item(s) have been scheduled for update.' system message.
The 'View Details' for that message state:
Description of Operation
, 'cron_consumers_runner' => [ 'cron_run' => true, 'max_messages' => 1000, 'consumers' => [ 'async.operations.all' ] ]
Can you please run the below command
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
and check is it working fine or not???
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos
I have the same issue under 2.4 - the reindex does cure the initial problem, but the task reminder remains on screen and does not seem to clear itself. I haven't had a chance to check with support, but I'm guessing the priority on the cron job is too low and therefore it never runs because there isn't the opportunity for it to do so.....
No, running the reindexer did not work. Nothing I tried worked. The task alert never cleared and the special pricing never kicked in.
I then disabled Magento_Amqp and Magento_WebapiAsync, following the on-screen instruction to run setup:di:compile.
This too didn't work.
So, since I had run a backup before doing the special pricing, as in:
bin/magento setup:backup --code --db --media
I did a rollback to the backup, as in:
bin/magento setup:rollback --db-file=1598031009_db.sql --code-file=1598031009_filesystem_code.tgz --media-file=1598031009_filesystem_media.tgz
This restored the state to just before trying the special pricing.
THEN, I redid the disable of Magento_Amqp and Magento_WebapiAsync.
And the special pricing worked.
The Magento documentation SUCKS. It should specify that if you don't want to run RabbitMQ, that you need to disable Magento_Amqp and Magento_WebapiAsync FIRST before doing anything that would try to use a message queue - such as "Special Pricing".
It turns out that there are apparently Cron issues with 2.4, at least as I understand.
The workaround I've gotten is that after choosing an export, I now just go to my SSH and do
And this gets me what I need for now. Hopefully this will be solved soon.