cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At what point in the payment process does M2.4 insert an order when using Paypal standard

At what point in the payment process does M2.4 insert an order when using Paypal standard

hi

When does M2.4 insert order in order admin if using PayPal Standard?

When I click on 'Place Order' from M2 checkout using PayPal Standard and I am taken to PayPal to pay.  Then I decide to not buy, so I leave the PayPal Payment page. 

NO order is inserted... on M1 it would be. Using another payment processor it would be on M2.4

Why would this happen?  Could there be something in the configuration I have missed?

many thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: At what point in the payment process does M2.4 insert an order when using Paypal standard

Hello @rob_wood1 

That's how magento 2 works.

When you click on place order and redirect to the paypal website for the payment, you should have received the order confirmation email. Your concern is why its sending the order email when payment is not successful yet.

There are so many vendors had this query, but there is other side of coin too.
When you click on place order, Magento records your order information in backend. This is very  useful so that you can have information of the customer who is really interested in placing an order on your website but due to any reason he/she couldn't make the payment.

You can then manually reach out for the pending payment and recover your sales.

Also, if you are only using prepaid redirect payment method, you can try using this free extension, it sends order email after payment successful

https://magecomp.com/magento-2-order-confirmation-email.html

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Re: At what point in the payment process does M2.4 insert an order when using Paypal standard

Hi 

Many thanks for responding. 

@Gaurav_Jain02 the issue is there is no order within M2 admin, unlike M1 there is no order when 'Place Order' has been clicked in checkout.

The only time a order appears in M2 order admin is when payment is completed. 
t to I want to know why there is this different with PayPal?  Why does the order not display in M2 order admin as soon as 'Place Order' is clicked? 

Sorry to quote you

'There are so many vendors had this query, but there is other side of coin too.
When you click on place order, Magento records your order information in backend. This is very  useful so that you can have information of the customer who is really interested in placing an order on your website but due to any reason he/she couldn't make the payment.'

This is NOT happening... that is what I am trying to find out why

Hello @rob_wood1 

Sorry to misunderstood the question. 

With other payment method it works ok? 
Are you facing the issue with paypal standard only.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Yes it is with PayPal Standard only. 

if I use Cash, or Fidelity the order is inserted into Order List straight away... it does not matter if i pay.   The order is there!! 

And I cannot see what I have done wrong with PayPal Standard

Any ideas on what might be the issue?

Can anyone help? 

At what point should PayPal transaction appear in M2 Order? Onclick of 'Order Now/Pay Now' in Checkout or once payment is completed in PayPal?