cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best option for a trade and public website?

SOLVED

Best option for a trade and public website?

Hi all,

I'm building a website that will be trade and public, so what is the best option for me to make this happen?

I'm using Magento 2.2.3 Community Edition and I've already done the public site.

Do I create a new Store View, Store or Website from within the public site?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Best option for a trade and public website?

Hi @callam_kidsaw

Well , its depends on your business login - like what kind of functionalities you would like to provide on trade site - what functionalities trade users can get so its mainly depends on that !

But still as a suggestion  , i would suggest to go with Multi - website (if you don't wanted to share checkout between two sites ) - then go with website , that will works for you !

to know more about multi-store , multi-website , multi-storeview refer this link for the same  - https://www.mavenecommerce.com/blog/magento-store-view-vs-website-vs-magento-multi-store/

Hope it helps

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @callam_kidsaw

Well , its depends on your business login - like what kind of functionalities you would like to provide on trade site - what functionalities trade users can get so its mainly depends on that !

But still as a suggestion  , i would suggest to go with Multi - website (if you don't wanted to share checkout between two sites ) - then go with website , that will works for you !

to know more about multi-store , multi-website , multi-storeview refer this link for the same  - https://www.mavenecommerce.com/blog/magento-store-view-vs-website-vs-magento-multi-store/

Hope it helps

Hello @callam_kidsaw

if you want to create b2b and b2c then use website.

why need website

1) you  can set up the different price per website with the same catalog

2) you can set up website wise customer group e.g if customer create an account from b2b then assign customer group wholesale

3) you can set different tax rule

4) does not share cart between two website

5) easily manage varnish per website otherwise some timing issue like price display wrong if you same store if you are varnish on the server.

Hope it will help you.

If my answer helps you then mark as solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

The trade wouldn't have much difference from the public except the product price, the money from checkout will all be fed into the same bank account so would multi-website still be good?

edit:

Thanks, just saw your reply as I finished typing this, I will use the mutli-website option

Hi @callam_kidsaw

Yes , if the price is difference then go with the multi-website concept that will surely help you on the future expect as well.

If you would like to go with Store then there are few extensions available for store view pricing as well, so using that you can achieve the same 

if you found answer is helpful accept as solution so other user gets helped !

Hope it helps

Discover the optimal trade and public website solution at Tenaris Azioni's platform. Uncover invaluable business tips and tricks that can elevate your strategy. Explore a wealth of resources to enhance your trade experience. Visit Tenaris Azioni's website now and unlock the key to successful trading and business growth.