cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigcommerce convert - BUT MAGENTO ORDER MANAGEMENT IS NOT GOOD ?

Bigcommerce convert - BUT MAGENTO ORDER MANAGEMENT IS NOT GOOD ?

AudioBuy.com.au

Converted from BigCommerce after their price hike. I have become accustomed to BC's order management system :

Order received > I marked as "Pending" or "Shipped" or other depending on whether I've shipped the item or paid the supplier for the item.

I have viewed Magento's order management system and I cannot change the STATUS of the order or easily add the tracking # without clicking through a maze.

Can someone please recommend an ORDER MANAGEMENT SYSTEM extension for Magento which closely mimicks that of BigCommerce's ?

Thankyou

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bigcommerce convert - BUT MAGENTO ORDER MANAGEMENT IS NOT GOOD ?

Magento 2 updates an order's status automatically in a reaction on a particular action.

For example, the "Pending" usually a default order status after an order is placed, it is set automatically.

And order is "shipped" when an administrator creates a Shipment document.

Re: Bigcommerce convert - BUT MAGENTO ORDER MANAGEMENT IS NOT GOOD ?

I am curious if you are still using Magento?  I am looking to switch from Bigcommerce as well.  The price is a  big part of that, but I am just frustrated with their development goals.  They seem to spend time on things that don't really help the seller, like always changing the control panel, which is annoying.

I also hate the Bigcommerce product options.  Magento seems to be a better fit for a lot of reasons.

Did you see any huge change in sales?  Any regrets?