cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brexit VAT rules for Children's clothing store

Brexit VAT rules for Children's clothing store

Hello!

My store sells children's clothing that should be 0% VAT as per new Brexit regulations, but it's not limited to this, some products we sell are miscellaneous, like sunglasses and bags that are 20% VAT. Due to Brexit we will have to do some changes to our product taxation.

The changes after 31st of December are:

• A cart that is >135 pounds will always be sold with 0% tax (this is easy to implement, just add a checkout/cart rule that if the cart is >135, then tax = 0%)
  • A cart that is <135 pounds has to be sold with 20% tax (this is the one I need assistance with)

The issue is, I'm not sure what is the most logical way of implementing this, for example if a customer adds some products that are 0% and some that are 20% VAT, and the cart is <135 pounds, does taxation apply to all of the cart, ignoring the 0%?

How are you dealing with this? Any suggestions or resolutions are welcome!

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Brexit VAT rules for Children's clothing store

Apply cart rule

default tax = 0%;

if($total < 135)

{

if($category in (23,45,56)) <===  Mention categories for tax 20%

{

tax = 20%;

}

}

use above nested cart rules your problem will be solved , I have not given cart rule syntax here but just shared logic with you, hope it will help you.

There is a lot of dealing between Europe and the United Kingdom, which won't replace overnight. If there is no trade deal, it could mean higher prices in United Kingdom shops. There could also be loitering as lorries bringing products would need even more border checks. Brexit supporters say leaving Europe will give the United Kingdom more freedom to strike trade give out around the world. Visit: https://theangeltrust.com/pros-and-cons-of-registered-company-in-the-uk-or-eu-after-1-feb-2021/

I don't like the quality of clothes at all lately.

Hi, I agree with you. The quality is just terrible, and the prices are very high for clothes. Therefore, a friend advised me to look at this site where I can invent clothes for you. I can order custom-made high-quality shirts that will last you for many years. And also launch your own clothing line with the bestsellers of all time

I always had problems finding the right suit that fit me perfectly, and I didn't want to look like a box. Also, I was looking for a not-so-expensive suit that still looks great and fits my personality. After years of searching, I finally found the perfect one! It's a dark grey three-piece suit with light grey stripes, and it has an amazing fit! I found it on https://www.gentlemansguru.com/product-category/wedding-tuxedos/. It makes me feel so confident when I wear it because it fits perfectly! Also, all my friends told me that they love how good I look in this suit and that they want one just like it too!

eBay also charges VAT on selling goods located in the UK but owned by sellers who have business outside of it. This obligation to collect VAT applies in all cases, regardless of the value of the goods. Products placed ebay.co.uk with delivery to the USA. The price displayed to the buyer includes UK VAT. The final price will include 0% VAT based on the delivery address in the USA. But if you can order things from regular stores, like matohash.com, there will be fewer problems. Since all VAT issues are hanging on the seller, it does not concern you in any way.