cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built-in Ability for Inventory Sources to Use Specific Shipping Method and/or Free Shipping

Built-in Ability for Inventory Sources to Use Specific Shipping Method and/or Free Shipping

We use FedEx and UPS for shipping. Most of our sales are drop shipped by our suppliers/vendors.

One of our supplier/vendors does not charge us for shipping if the order amount is over a certain amount. Another only charges us a flat fee for shipping if the order is over a certain amount and if the products are in a certain group. Some only use specific shippers - that is only FedEx or only UPS.

We don't want to charge the customer for shipping they can't get or we aren't being charged for - for example, if the vendor isn't charging us for shipping, we don't want to charge the customer. If the vendor doesn't support FedEx or overnight shipping, we don't want the customer to pay for that service. If they only charge us a flat rate, we want to pass along only that flat rate.

We would like to set up our inventory sources so that we do just that - not offer the range of choices that both FedEx and UPS support for each and every inventory source and product.

Is there a default way to support that in Magento 2.3.5p1? Our first choice, obviously would be a default behavior to do this.

Second option would be a no-cost extension out there that would allow this.  Does anyone know of one?

If not, are  there an extension that lets us do this that are available from a vendor?

Our site is very cost sensitive as we are a very small site that is just launching and are trying to first build some revenue before spending money on extensions. We understand the spend-money-to-make-money value, but the owner is very cost-sensitive until we move into positive territory.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Built-in Ability for Inventory Sources to Use Specific Shipping Method and/or Free Shipping

I'm not aware of any native functionality that would allow you to do this from the admin, however, there are extensions that can help. 

For instance, https://marketplace.magento.com/amasty-shiprestriction.html will allow you to restrict shipping methods based on Product Attributes. 

Taking it a step further, https://marketplace.magento.com/shipperhq-module-shipper.html will allow you to set up shipping rates based upon vendors, but this service requires an ongoing subscription, which is the only reason I mention it second. I think it is the best match for your goals.

Best of luck!

Re: Built-in Ability for Inventory Sources to Use Specific Shipping Method and/or Free Shipping

Thanks for your response Robert - I'll keep the Amasty extension on my list for future.