cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy 2, Save $5

Buy 2, Save $5

I am trying to set up a very basic rule.

The company I work for is a dispensary looking to get their website up and running.

We sell cannabis in a quantity of 1 gram, or an eighth (3.5 grams). 

What I am trying to do is if someone purchases 2x eighths, then they save $5. 

I currently have it set up as follows:

Conditions:

If ALL  of these conditions are TRUE :

Actions:

If ALL  of these conditions are TRUE :

This method works if someone purchases 2 of the same product:

2x Blueberry (3.5 grams)

It does not work for products that are individual:

1x Blueberry (3.5 grams)

1x Purple (3.5 grams)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Buy 2, Save $5

I think the condition that you're using for Quantity doesn't add up all quantities from all items. Do you use the weight attribute on products? If so, I think you could use that rather than the quantity and then you could select Cart Weight > 3.5g.  

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I believe you are correct in regard to total quantity not adding up all quantities in cart. 

The cart weight idea is good, but I don't think it will work. In the future I want to offer "gram samplers" so buy 5 individual grams, get the 6th free. Do you think that I should stick try going the product weight method, or try to find another solution?

Thanks

I'm not 100% that weight will work either. 

You could edit the quantity field so that it was grams. I.e. you add a quantity of 3.5 to the basket and it refer to the number of grams that you were purchasing. That would mean that the "total quantity" should work regardless of wether a single or multiple products were added to basket. It also means down the line you could do your discount after adding 6 grams to the basket. 

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/4704/how-to-allow-increments-in-decimals-in-magento

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!