cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash on delivery sales not shown in sales report

SOLVED

Cash on delivery sales not shown in sales report

Hi,

I am using cash on delivery as the payment method while testing magento. Eventually I will use paypal, but COD is simply for testing to see how it works, start developing my web site etc.

When a user purchases an item, the sale is shown in the sales table (Sales -> Orders) with a status of "Pending". However the sale is not shown in any of the reports. Is that because the status is "Pending"?

How can I "finish" the sale so it shows up in the sales report?

When I click on the sale (Sales -> Orders, then view the order of interest) it gives all the details and there is a drop down box for the Status. However I can't change the status from "Pending" as there are no other values to choose from.

I thought there must be some way to flag the sale as being completed once I received the money from the courier.

I am using Community Edition 2.2.5.

Thanks

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cash on delivery sales not shown in sales report

Hi @steve_jeffrey

Yes , from the magento 2 backend you can easily complete the actual order flow process ! by default when customer place any order at frontend its always considered/flag as Pending order.

So from the magento 2 backend , go to the sales->order -> click on that specific order -> you will see details of that specific order and on the top of that you will see all the buttons ( like - Hold,invoice,ship) etc.

Now click on the ship button show your order status gets changed from Pending to Processing

After that once you delivered the product and get confirmation from your courier partner then click on the button Invoice from the same order details form so now your order gets changed from Processing to Complete

So then afterwards you can see your orders as completed.

For more reference to this order workflow refer this link - https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/sales/order-status-workflow.html

Hope it helps ! 

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cash on delivery sales not shown in sales report

Hi @steve_jeffrey

Yes , from the magento 2 backend you can easily complete the actual order flow process ! by default when customer place any order at frontend its always considered/flag as Pending order.

So from the magento 2 backend , go to the sales->order -> click on that specific order -> you will see details of that specific order and on the top of that you will see all the buttons ( like - Hold,invoice,ship) etc.

Now click on the ship button show your order status gets changed from Pending to Processing

After that once you delivered the product and get confirmation from your courier partner then click on the button Invoice from the same order details form so now your order gets changed from Processing to Complete

So then afterwards you can see your orders as completed.

For more reference to this order workflow refer this link - https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/sales/order-status-workflow.html

Hope it helps ! 

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution