cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the 'From' field of the contact form to the sender email

Change the 'From' field of the contact form to the sender email

Hi,

I'd like to know if it is possible to change the 'From' field of the contact form email to that of the sender's?

For instance, if a customer fills in the contact form with the email 'user@test.com', the email that I will receive will be from 'user@test.com' not my email address.

I've looked at the 'email sender' field in the system admin panels, but this only allows for a range of preset store emails and there isn't an option for the customer email.

Is this something that can be done? or someone has done it himself?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Change the 'From' field of the contact form to the sender email

Hello @robertbits 

Do you want to receive the mail or contact us with the customer mail id?

@dipmegproI want that when someone sends me an email via the contact us form, the email in my email client shows From <<client email>> and so when I click reply to send him a reply it will reply to his email.

Right now the From is my email and when I click reply it will reply to me unless I change the email to the client's email.

Hello @robertbits 

There is no configuration to set this.

The email which you receive from the contact us form is sent to you by the Magento admin to notify you that someone requests you for some important work. So this is the customization work and you need to ask the developer for this feature.

Is the problem solved? Click Accept as Solution! & Click Kudos

Yes, it is possible to change the "From" field of your contact form email to the sender's email address. This can improve deliverability and make it easier for you to reply directly to the customer.

Here's why you might not be seeing the option:

• Presets: The admin panel might only show pre-configured store emails for simplicity.
  • Security: There are security concerns with spoofing email addresses.

There are still ways to achieve this depending on your specific platform:

1. Contact Form Plugins: Many popular contact form plugins like Contact Form 7 (WordPress) have functionalities to use the sender's email in the "From" field. Explore the plugin's settings or documentation for instructions.

2. SMTP Configuration: Some platforms allow configuring an SMTP server for sending emails. This might involve using a plugin or code modifications. Using a service like SendGrid or Gmail SMTP allows you to specify the sender email address.

Important Considerations:

• Email Authentication: When using a college paper writing service custom sender email address, ensure proper email authentication is set up to avoid getting flagged as spam. This usually involves SPF and DKIM records.