cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the category of several products at the same time

SOLVED

Change the category of several products at the same time

I want to change the category of several products at once, I select all the products that I want to change category, I click on option "Update attributes" but I can not find a way to update the category of all the products at the same time. Any ideas? (Magento 2.3.1)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Change the category of several products at the same time

Hi Manuel,

The better way to change Category attributes in bulk, aside from doing so on a spreadsheet, is through Catalog --> Categories.

From here, you can select a category or subcategory. You can then go to the Products In Category section. 

From here, you can remove checkboxes to remove products from a category. You can also change the dropdown toggle from "Yes" to "No" or "Any" to be able to see products that aren't yet in the category, and associate them to the category.

This is your best bet for bulk adding and removing products from categories.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Change the category of several products at the same time

Hi Manuel,

The better way to change Category attributes in bulk, aside from doing so on a spreadsheet, is through Catalog --> Categories.

From here, you can select a category or subcategory. You can then go to the Products In Category section. 

From here, you can remove checkboxes to remove products from a category. You can also change the dropdown toggle from "Yes" to "No" or "Any" to be able to see products that aren't yet in the category, and associate them to the category.

This is your best bet for bulk adding and removing products from categories.

Best of luck!