cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Payment Method? Or?

SOLVED

Conditional Payment Method? Or?

We have a need for our site to allow our wholesale accounts to issue PO's for payment - they will have been approved for Net 30 terms - but our regular B2B accounts who are not approved for Net 30 will not be able to pay by PO. We've got PayPal as a Payment Method configured that accepts credit cards, etc.

I'd like to be able to allow the Purchase Order Payment Method to be used by those wholesale accounts, but not by the retail/regular B2B accounts.

Creating another Store or Store View won't allow this, since, apparently, neither a Store nor Store View provides different Payment Methods - only at the website level.

The only way I can think of to handle this is to adapt the PO Payment Method as a conditional Payment Method - dependent on the log in of the user. Complicated and not ideal.

Are there alternatives Orr better ways to handle this? 

Any and all ideas on how to handle this would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Conditional Payment Method? Or?

Hello @SJ_Med 

Magento provide it self provide too many thing and not every client need such a thing

Most of B2b and B2c use diff website and diff website possible to set different payment method

https://github.com/galacticlabs/customer-group-payment-filters

free module link added, if works then mark as solution

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @SJ_Med ,

You can use amasty Payment restriction module to restrict certain Payment Methods for different Customer Groups. 

https://amasty.com/payment-restrictions-for-magento-2.html#:~:text=Use%20customer%20groups%20to%20li...

Please check the above extension. You can enable the PO payment method on the website and restrict it for other customer groups except for wholesale. 

Thanks!

Problem Solved! Give Kudos & Accept as Solution!.

Thank you for the Amasty extension suggestion. This looks like it would certainly work.

I'm hoping for alternatives that don't involve commercial extensions as well. Where possible, we would like to use built-in Magento 2 functionality - for a number of reasons. Is there an architectural/design means to accomplish what we're trying to achieve?

Hello @SJ_Med 

Magento provide it self provide too many thing and not every client need such a thing

Most of B2b and B2c use diff website and diff website possible to set different payment method

https://github.com/galacticlabs/customer-group-payment-filters

free module link added, if works then mark as solution

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for this suggestion - it looks like exactly the right answer to my need. I've installed this, however I see no additional option under Stores > Other Settings > Customer groups and wondering if it's compatible with 2.3.5p1.

It shows installed, but no new options under Stores, and I've looked everywhere for it....

Just wondering if you've had experience with it on this version?

Thanks.

Thanks Sunil - problem solved - this works perfectly! Does exactly what I need. It turns out that it is not located in the menus where the docs stated, but when I finally had a few minutes to look around, I found it exactly where it made sense that it should be.

I really appreciate your time in pointing me to a solution. This is what "community" is all about.