cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Product and images

Configurable Product and images

Hi

I’m just in the process of setting up a Magento 2.3.5-p1 store and I was wondering if the following is possible.

I sell t-shirts with my designs/prints on and I print the t-shirts as I need them. So I hold stock of plain t-shirts and then when somebody orders a t-shirt I print the design onto the plain t-shirt.

What I would like to do is create configurable product that use the same plain t-shirts as there stock
Black t-shirt in Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
Blue t-shirt in Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
Red t-shirt in Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
Orange t-shirt in Small, Medium, Large, X-Large

So I create attributes for colour and size and use these to create the configurable product (T-shirt with design/print 1) and then repeat the process for all the other t-shirt designs/prints using the same child products, so when a large black t-shirt is sold for design/print 1 it will update the quantity of the large black t-shirts on all the other designs/prints.

Is it possible on the product pages to have the main image update when a colour swatch is selected, so it shows the relevant coloured t-shirt with the correct design/print on?

Hope that all makes sense, let me know if you need any more information.

I’ve got a test site I’m using to try things out. So I’ve got 2 examples which show the issues I’m having

Design 2 https://squashdoctor.co.uk/t-shirt-design-2.html I’ve added the 4 images (same design but different coloured t-shirts) to the configurable product but when the swatch is selected the relevant coloured t-shirt with the design/print isn’t displayed.

Design 1 https://squashdoctor.co.uk/t-shirt-design-1.html I’ve only added 1 image to the configurable product and when the swatch is selected it shows the image from the child product, but that doesn’t have the t-shirt design/print on because that child product will be used for many configurable products with different designs/prints.

I’ve had to use different set of child products for the 2 examples. Design 1 has images added for all the child products and Design 2 doesn’t have any images added for the child products.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Paul

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Configurable Product and images

Re: Configurable Product and images

Hi Vimal

Thank you for the response. I do understand how to show the image from the sku that corresponds to the size and colour that have been selected on the product page (this is shown in Design 1 https://squashdoctor.co.uk/t-shirt-design-1.html ). However this shows the image of the t-shirt without any design/print and I would like to show an image of the correct coloured t-shirt with the design/print on when a colour and size is selected. 

I can't add the image with the design/print on to the sku because this t-shirt is used to control the stock for other t-shirt designs/prints on the site. So for example I might have 5 large black plain t-shirts in stock (sku that isn't visible but is used in the configurable products). When somebody orders a large black t-shirt with design/print 1 on Magento will then update all the stock for the black large t-shirts with all the other designs/prints that use that sku for the large black t-shirts.

Thanks

Paul