cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Products Not Showing Drop Down Options

Configurable Products Not Showing Drop Down Options

I'm working on a very new Magento 2 installation/site and I'm having trouble with getting configurable products to display options on the front end.

I assigned attributes to simple products in a .csv file

Created a product and added configurable options (width x length in this case)

Assigned products successfully to a grouped parent

Saved changes, cleared cache and re-indexed site in CLI

When I go to the product on front end the product is displaying in category and on the page however when clicking to select an option for width/length it's just an empty drop-down displaying "Choose an option..."

I've been searching around the web for answers and I've seen some suggestions that I've tried to follow but I'm not getting anywhere with it.

Could it be down to the theme? I saw a few forum posts where the issue was in an XML file but that seems to be a M1 problem.

Database issue? Some suggestions have been to search for a specific table and remove certain ID's from it but I can't find the corresponding table in my database.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Configurable Products Not Showing Drop Down Options

Hello @Lbs Global 

There are chances could be the issue of import.

One thing I can suggest is,
1. Create Configurable product manually from backend with all the possible options.

2. Export products and see the format.

3. Try importing the same product with file import

4. Clearing cache, running indexing and check once, You will get better idea,

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

@theMageComp I have created products completely manually (both the config and the simple products) and these have the same issue, nothing different between them in exports.

I compared the export to working configurable products on another stores export, everything should be fine looking at it.

Hello @Lbs Global 

In backend, is that shows with assigned simple products in configurable?
If so, did you also tried changing developer/production mode?

Run compilation and reindexing one more time - Just in case.

See if any third party extension is not affecting.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

I am having the same issue so thought I'd post here instead of creating a new thread (also using M2.3.4).

I have 7 simple products that have 5 different attribute sets. I created a new configurable product and added the 7 simple products.

On the live website I can see 2 options for the first attribute. If I select option 1, I can continue through to the next attribute options however if I select option 2, the rest of the options just say 'Choose an Option..' 

Any help would be great.

Hello,

My company works on Magento 2 and I was having a similar issue that I was able to solve. Hopefully, it helps you too, although in hindsight my solution seems all too obvious.

I had a configurable product that was displaying the correct 2 dropdown selectors, but without any selectable options or add to cart button. Upon checking, the simple products within the configurable were all enabled, in stock, call for price set to no, discontinued set to no, and assigned to the correct website.

The issue was that the configurable product was set to "yes" for the call for price attribute, which in our setup of M2 (not sure if it's different for other clients), the pricing fields are hidden/grayed out for configurable products, so there is no way to know if the configurable sku was call for price, unless looking at it through an export.

So, as one last check, I ran a RapidFlow import to change the configurable product sku from yes to no for the call for price attribute, and that worked successfully to solve the issue. I dunno, hope that helps.