cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable Products Not Showing Drop Down Options

Highlighted

Configurable Products Not Showing Drop Down Options

I'm working on a very new Magento 2 installation/site and I'm having trouble with getting configurable products to display options on the front end.

I assigned attributes to simple products in a .csv file

Created a product and added configurable options (width x length in this case)

Assigned products successfully to a grouped parent

Saved changes, cleared cache and re-indexed site in CLI

When I go to the product on front end the product is displaying in category and on the page however when clicking to select an option for width/length it's just an empty drop-down displaying "Choose an option..."

I've been searching around the web for answers and I've seen some suggestions that I've tried to follow but I'm not getting anywhere with it.

Could it be down to the theme? I saw a few forum posts where the issue was in an XML file but that seems to be a M1 problem.

Database issue? Some suggestions have been to search for a specific table and remove certain ID's from it but I can't find the corresponding table in my database.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Configurable Products Not Showing Drop Down Options

Hello @Lbs Global 

There are chances could be the issue of import.

One thing I can suggest is,
1. Create Configurable product manually from backend with all the possible options.

2. Export products and see the format.

3. Try importing the same product with file import

4. Clearing cache, running indexing and check once, You will get better idea,

Found something useful, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation.

Magento Tutorials
Highlighted

@theMageComp I have created products completely manually (both the config and the simple products) and these have the same issue, nothing different between them in exports.

I compared the export to working configurable products on another stores export, everything should be fine looking at it.

Highlighted

Hello @Lbs Global 

In backend, is that shows with assigned simple products in configurable?
If so, did you also tried changing developer/production mode?

Run compilation and reindexing one more time - Just in case.

See if any third party extension is not affecting.

Found something useful, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation.

Magento Tutorials