cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable product - Make subproducts as simple instead of virtual -HOW?!

SOLVED

Configurable product - Make subproducts as simple instead of virtual -HOW?!

Hi Magento support

Maybe i misunderstand something in the creation of configurable-products, but right now i'm struggling adding simple-products to my configurable product (as in M1), since M2 forces me to create virtuel products for my configurable (from backend)

Flow-wise, the new "quick add" functionality is a good idea, but you should definitely give us a chance to choose whether we want to create sub-products as Virtuel or Simple products. 

When creating virtuel products, the shipping fields are not required. In general 9/10 magento-owners sell psysical products which will need to be delivered - and here the shipping address is pretty need-to-have information. If i sell a t-shirt, and this t-shirt have different colors, and won't make that tshirt "virtual" -> Its still a PSYSICAL product.

I tried to find a way in Magento Backend to add regular simple products to my configurable product but i really can't find any way around to achieve this? 

If i choose to import my configurable product, and specify my sub-products for it as "simple products" it all works? So basically, i'm not allowed to add them as simple-products from Magento backend, but allowed to do it from my csv-file. 

I think what i need is just to understand how the creation of configurable products are supposed to work in M2, and what the logical explanation of forcing the sub-products to be "virtual" is? 

Regards

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Configurable product - Make subproducts as simple instead of virtual -HOW?!

Hello,

If you want to create configurable with simple you have to put value of weight attribute then it work according to your requirement. Try this once.

Kudos and mark as solution if it work for you. Cheers Coding Smiley Happy

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

View solution in original post

@Manish Mittal

AWESOME! Makes perfect sense (when you know it). 
Now i do. 

THANKS!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

If you want to create configurable with simple you have to put value of weight attribute then it work according to your requirement. Try this once.

Kudos and mark as solution if it work for you. Cheers Coding Smiley Happy

Manish Mittal

@Manish Mittal

AWESOME! Makes perfect sense (when you know it). 
Now i do. 

THANKS!

@hoeksaps,

Great, If it works Kudos it, please. Thanks

Manish Mittal

Thx it works