cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable product linkage issues

SOLVED

Configurable product linkage issues

Hi there, I've been trying to do something like this on my site. 

For example I've a Paint product where by there are various family of colours eg: reds, yellows, blues, greens, etc. Under these family of colours there are numerous of shades of lets say reds, yellows, etc. What I'm trying to achieve is whereby there is a dropdown for me to choose the family of colours, and by selecting a certain family, it will show the various different shade under that particular family in another drop down. So for example on dropdown number 1 I click on reds, drop down number two will show all the various shades of red. I select blues on drop down number one and drop down number two will show the shades of blues. Is this an issue from my UX developer or am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Configurable product linkage issues

Hi @darylnycho3bd3 ,

To achieve this requirement, you need to modify Magento in the following way

I am assuming you are known of the fact of the custom options of simple products.

If we are using a simple product with a configurable product then we can not assign the custom option to simple(Magento inbuilt feature)

You can make your main color (Red, Green) as configurable simple products and then shades of red, green as their custom options. With this change, your requirement will be achieved. 

If you have good knowledge of Magento customization then try to do it by your self else go for some developer help.

Hope this helps you!

problem Solved! Click Kudos & ACcept as Solution!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @darylnycho3bd3 ,

To achieve this requirement, you need to modify Magento in the following way

I am assuming you are known of the fact of the custom options of simple products.

If we are using a simple product with a configurable product then we can not assign the custom option to simple(Magento inbuilt feature)

You can make your main color (Red, Green) as configurable simple products and then shades of red, green as their custom options. With this change, your requirement will be achieved. 

If you have good knowledge of Magento customization then try to do it by your self else go for some developer help.

Hope this helps you!

problem Solved! Click Kudos & ACcept as Solution!

Thank you very much for your help!