cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring a Product

Configuring a Product

Conceptually:

A "base" version table. It also has a "deluxe" version. Each has a different cost, list price, prefix SKU.

Either version must have either a Standard or Ultra version upholstery. Each of the Upholstery versions have many colors with their own suffix SKU. The Standard has one price, the Ultra, a higher. (I see how to configure this in Configurations, but not how to handle this in relation to either the base or deluxe version of the table which has a different prefix SKU....)

Either version may have a footrest option. These have their own SKU and do not use the prefix SKU. (These would be Customizable Options?)

(There may be other options as well, but once I understand this I can configure the others).

I can't quite wrap my mind around how to configure the single product record using Configurations and Customizable Options. And how to compose the proper SKU for the base or deluxe table with the upholstery choice.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Configuring a Product

Hello @SJ_Med 

Can you please give me an example what you want because I can't get your requirements with this information.

Regards,
Deep

Better example - and thanks for your reply!

Base table - sku = 012-011

Deluxe table - sku = 012-013

Either table MUST choose an upholstery:

Basic upholstery choices which have separate sku's from 012-1000-001 through 012-1000-025 

OR deluxe upholstery choices which have separate sku's from 012-2000-001 through 012-2000-015

Then either table MAY have a footrest which comes with upholstery choices which have separate sku's from 012-4000-001 through 012-4000-35

This doesn't seem to work for either a Bundled or Configurable product from what I can see, but maybe I'm just missing the way in which I can combine these.

The upholstery choices are clearly options - I can do this in either a Bundled or Configurable product, however I can't do this with a choice of either the base or deluxe table first with separate sku's, can I? Or is this something I missed in the way I configure a Bundled product? I just don't use the dynamic sku?

Thanks.

You cannot bundle configurable products.  This extension will allow you to do that.  https://wizkunde.nl/magento-2-configurable-bundle.html