cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Configurable Product with text fields based on drop down or checkbox

Create Configurable Product with text fields based on drop down or checkbox

Hey all,

Just installed Magento 2 (2.2.6) for the first time on my Ubuntu box. Coming over from Virtuemart I am struggling setting up a customizable product. 

I want to setup a shirt, just like the sample data, but I want to add a drop down/ check box for customization of the shirt such as "Name on Back" and "Jersey Number on Back". I am able to add them to the product without issue, but my question is how to add a text field appear based on that selection. 

If I use a configurable product with generated child products I create the drop down for the type of customization, then I would need a custom option for the text field(s). The problem with that is the text box showing up even when the drop down is not selected. Or I would have to go back through each child product per size and color to add the custom option....and no.

What would be the best way to go about adding this type of customization, especially if I want to add it to a large majority to the products we offer?

I am comfortable programming if it would be a custom attribute(haven't played with it yet), but I didn't know if I was missing some canned functionality. 

Thanks,

Brendan

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Create Configurable Product with text fields based on drop down or checkbox

Did you find any solution for this?

Re: Create Configurable Product with text fields based on drop down or checkbox

Did you find any solution for this?