Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Csv product import structure Simple product in listing page

SOLVED

Csv product import structure Simple product in listing page

Hi everybody,

i'm trying to replicate this situation: 

https://www.paulsmith.com/uk/men-s-tailored-fit-light-blue-stretch-cotton-twill-blazer

Simple product have a unique url, are visible in category listing, and are correlate with cross-link.

How i can do? We are on magento 2.1.3

Tnks Smiley Happy

Raffo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Csv product import structure Simple product in listing page

Instead of creating one configurable product based on colour and size with all simple products associated, you will create X configurable products based on size where X is the number of colours you have.  You would then just assign the simple products of all sizes of a single colour to each configurable product. 

Then your configurable products could have the attribute or mechanism for finding the related configurable products, i.e of the same colour. 

In both cases, the simple products will not be visible individually. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This isn't a standard part of Magento but it is a relatively common modification. There are a couple of ways around it but you do need to be careful of the performance impact of your solution. 

You need a way of finding the other products that are similar. The way you do this will depend on your catalogue. It could be that you can do a product collection call for similar SKUs if there's a set format that you know that you can rely on. Otherwise, the safest way is to have a new product attribute called "product group" or something similar which all products that should be linked to each other have the same value in. Then when you load the page, you find the product group attribute value of the current product and then go find all other products that share the same value. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

hi tom, thanks for your answer! 

Now we have a configurable with visibility Catalog,search and all the simple child product set with not visible individually.

So for do this, we have to change the logic and make all simple product with custom options right? Set all visibility with Catalog,search and put a new product attribute on additional attributes with the value of the configurable sku for example.

We are doing right?

Instead of creating one configurable product based on colour and size with all simple products associated, you will create X configurable products based on size where X is the number of colours you have.  You would then just assign the simple products of all sizes of a single colour to each configurable product. 

Then your configurable products could have the attribute or mechanism for finding the related configurable products, i.e of the same colour. 

In both cases, the simple products will not be visible individually. 

----