cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Options Inventory Stock

Custom Options Inventory Stock

I have a website created in mangento of raw materials for making cosmetics. I am selling products such as coconut oil. In the inventory I can only indicate the number of units that I have, that is, the number of products that can be added to the cart.
What I needed was to put as inventory that I have 25 liters of this oil and the customer chooses if they want to buy in the "Custom Options" in bottles of 125ml, 500ml, 1 liter, etc.The only solution I've got is to make a configurable product and create inventory for each bottle of 60ml, 125ml, 500ml, etc ... But this will ruin the whole inventory. Is there any solution?
1 REPLY 1

Re: Custom Options Inventory Stock

Hi, I'm no expert in Magento, but I guess with what you have, if you don't want or don't have resources and knowledge to make a custom solution, is to use a required attribute for that, name it for instance "Bottle Size". However prices would differ for each bottle size (60ml, 120ml...), so yes, you'll have to make configurable products beside your simple ones and assign price to each one of them. That may cause you some headaches, but I guess this is the right way to do it and magento allowes importing products in csv formated file, so that should assist you greatly. Hope that helps.