cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discounts for Associated Products of a Configurable Product

Discounts for Associated Products of a Configurable Product

Its seems there does not seem to be a way of having different discounts for the associated products of a configerable product.

It can be done through the main product but then all the discounts that follow through need to be the same discount.

I have a need of different actual discounts for the associated products.

If it could be possible using the tiered pricing for each associated product and  Magento ignored the main configurable product, I would be laughing.

This is crucial for my website and products.

Am I missing something? or is there a plugin available etc....

Many thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Discounts for Associated Products of a Configurable Product

By default, I believe the attribute SKU is not available as a condition when creating a Shopping Cart Price Rule. If the attribute is not available for selection under conditions, do the following:

• Go to Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes
  • Click on the SKU attribute
  • Under Frontend Properties panel, select YES for the field Use for Promo Rule Conditions

Now you should be able to select a specific SKU and apply discounts against it.

--- If the answer works for you? Click Accept as Solution!
The Original All Things @monocat

Many thanks for your advice. However it does not seem to remedy the problem. The teiered price still did not show and also tried to configure through the promotions as well. including cart promo.

As an example; Main product 

Crystal Rhinestones........................and then associated products

1. ss4
  2. ss6
  3. ss10
  4. ss20

All are different prices which I figured out how to do from the main product, but all have different discounts when 10 gross are purchased.

ie. ss4 goes from £1.20 to £1.10, but ss20 goes from £1.65 to £1.40.........etc...

these are not pecentage discounts.

Is this possible or must I list each product seperately or is there a plugin.

Again thank you.

Check out the extension Percentage Off Tiered Pricing listed on webshopapps site. I have never used it but seems the solution for your needs. Since it's on webshopapps, you can trust it to be a quality extension.

Keep us posted if it turns out to be a good solution.

--- If the answer works for you? Click Accept as Solution!
The Original All Things @monocat

I m new to this forum. I was getting some issue while entering configurable products initially. I wanted, the price shall change as the attribute selection takes place. For this I could get SCP extension. It was working.

But the problem starts when I wanted to pass certain discount (fix / percentage)  on these configurable product. The rules are working on simple products. I am not able to apply the discount. The process I followed is....

1. We made rules in "Shopping Kart Price Rules".

2. Generate Coupon.

3. Set Conditions using category and its some of attributes. We tried with one category also (without selecting any specific attribute).

4. Saved it. But no impact of using coupon. It is showing "coupon code is not valid".

5. The issue is with configurable product only. It is working for simple product.

I m having screen shot of above steps.

Your support is expected as we stuck almost in last. Thanks in advance.