cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does non-onepage checkout work?

Does non-onepage checkout work?

We want to test using the store with onepage checkout not enabled.  But after turning off onepage checkout, the cart no longer has a checkout button.  You can put items in the cart, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get to the checkout page. Did I miss something? 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Does non-onepage checkout work?

@david_o

Magento default settings

Admin >> Store >> Configuration >> Sales >> Checkout >> Checkout Options >> Enable Onepage Checkout >> Yes.

This options by default enabled, it is showing 2 steps checkout with one page, not one step.

If you need to one step checkout, you need to install 3rd party extension for one step checkout. You disabled Magento checkout page so it is not showing Proceed to Checkout.

Note: One step and one page both are different, Magento give only one-page checkout not one step.

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Re: Does non-onepage checkout work?

Ok, I think basically the key part of what you're saying is "you disabled Magento checkout page so it is not showing Proceed to Checkout."   So if we turn off onepage checkout, checkout no longer works because Magento doesn't have an alternative option installed (I assumed it would use a multi-page checkout process, but that doesn't seem to be something that exists without a plugin).