cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading 2018 data - refreshing statistics option

Downloading 2018 data - refreshing statistics option

Hello all,

First of all, thanks in advance for taking the time to help on this.

I am new to Magento and my goal is to set up a YoY report.

When downloading 2019 data, the reports populate and CSVs download ok.

When trying to download 2018 data, the report doesn't populate, asking me to refresh the statistics.

When clicking on "refreshing lifetime statistics" a pop-up comes up with the following message:

"Are you sure you want to refresh lifetime statistics? There can be performance impact during this operation."

Not sure, if this action is going to delete any data? Are you able to confirm this action is a safe one to take?

Also if there are any other ways to download 2018 data, would you please be able to send me any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,

Itzi.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Downloading 2018 data - refreshing statistics option

Hi Itzi,

Generally speaking, this message is meant to warn you that this refreshing the lifetime statistics can be a bit resource intensive. It's best not to do it during peak operation of your live site (ex. during a time when you're receiving peak traffic or orders, have admins running other resource-intensive operations, or have other systems importing or exporting large amounts of data, such as through the API).

I've refreshed the lifetime stats for many sites and never had a particular issue, aside from perhaps a brief slowdown.

If you have a dev or staging copy of the site that has your 2018 data, you might want to run your reports there. Otherwise, I'd say to just avoid your peak sales times. When you do run this, if you see that it runs quickly and smoothly, you probably won't have as much to worry about the next time you need to refresh stats.

Depending on the stats that you're looking for, you might also find some valuable data in Google Analytics, or whatever analytics suite you use.

Best of luck!

Re: Downloading 2018 data - refreshing statistics option

Hi Robert,

Thanks so much for your quick response.

Very very useful and reassuring.

I'll give it a got and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Itzi.