cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email from Magento 2.0

Email from Magento 2.0

Firstly, I've got to say that compared to other applications, configurating outgoing email in Magento is absolute rubbish. For the life of me I can't figure out why Magento is unable to do what others have been able to do with ease.

My question however is this; If I need to configure Postfix in order to relay my email to the SMTP host and the relay configuration specifies the SMTP server, user, etc, what happens in a multi-store scenario where I might want emails routed to a different SMTP server or at least from a different sender based on the store? If I have two stores; Joes Camping Equipment, and Joes Garden Tools, does it not stand to reason that I might want emails to be sent from different domains; sales@joescamping.com, and sales@joesgarden.com for example?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Email from Magento 2.0

In a mutli-store scenario you can setup almost every Magento configurartion option (including the transactional emails sender's name and address) per a store.

But you can only configure one outgoing server to send email through; correct? This then doesn't support a multistore solution where the two businesses may be quite distinct and use different email hosts or host accounts.

What exactly Magento 2 settings about the "outgoing server" do you mean?

The SMTP server is defined in Postfix rather than Magento and is therefore the same across all stores. Tell me if I'm wriong.

i used msmtp as my outgoing mail service. it's working fine. the only issue is the "send from" isn't the one i expected. for example, sales@myDomain.com, or customerSupport@myDomain.com. instead it shows the one i used in msmtp config. here is the config detials.

account yahoo
tls on
tls_starttls on
tls_trust_file /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
tls_certcheck on
auth on
host smtp.mail.yahoo.com
port 587
user nero@yahoo.com
from nero@yahoo.com
password *****

anybody know how to make it show different sender email. this is important for example people probably want to use sales@example.com for promotion and shippingTeam@example.com to send shipment email..

I've setted up, as you say, several senders for several shops. Every thing is ok when the email is sent from the public part of the web (order confirmation email, for example). But when you send an email from the admin area (shipment, or invoice emails; for examle). The sender is always the one on the default (or main)  shop.

What do you think we can do about that?  

PS. I'm using 2.1.10