cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate “category/product” URL Rewrites

SOLVED

Generate “category/product” URL Rewrites

Hello,

I need some help figuring the impact of a config. According to Magento 2.3.3 Release Notes, if we turn off Generate “category/product” URL Rewrites it will help with performance on the shop. This can be done in Config -> Catalog -> Search Engine Optimisation -> Generate "category/product" URL Rewrites -> No. 

xJE3DRT

However, I am not able to see the impact of this change. Seems to be helping when saving categories and I did find some entries cleaned in my URL Rewrites table, but aside from that everything else seems to be working fine. So, am a bit confused as to what to look out for when turning this off. What could be frontend impacts with this? How will this affect my shop's SEO? Is it safe to launch this in a production environment?

Would be grateful if someone can help enlighten me on this matter.

Thanks,

Sarwan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Generate “category/product” URL Rewrites

Hello @sba_ 

This setting will do the below things.

Turning off automatic generation of category/products URL rewrites results in permanent removal of all existing category/product type URL rewrites, which cannot be restored. This could potentially cause unresolved category/product type URL conflicts that will require a manual update of the URL key to resolving.

I personally advise you to keep this value "Yes". because if you make any change in product and category you need to set URL manally.

If you get the solution then please, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @sba_ 

This setting will do the below things.

Turning off automatic generation of category/products URL rewrites results in permanent removal of all existing category/product type URL rewrites, which cannot be restored. This could potentially cause unresolved category/product type URL conflicts that will require a manual update of the URL key to resolving.

I personally advise you to keep this value "Yes". because if you make any change in product and category you need to set URL manally.

If you get the solution then please, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation.

Alright, thanks a lot for the reply. :-)