cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help !! cannot see sub category on nav bar

Help !! cannot see sub category on nav bar

Hi,

I am new to magento. I want to add a sub category to top nav bar. For that i added necessary subcategory under manage categories. But i cannot see this category in top nav bar. Please help me.

Thank You

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Help !! cannot see sub category on nav bar

You will want to double check that the new sub category is enabled and has "include in navigation" set to yes. After that, then all you should need to do is reindex. It's unlikely that you'll need to flush cache but depending on your setup you can do that as well. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

Hi Tom,

Sub category is active and  "include in navigation" set to yes . Cache is disabled. Which indexes should i re-index? all of them? "Product FLAT data" index always shows "reindex required" .

Are you using Magento 1 or Magento 2?

Not sure precisely on which index, there are a few related to categories/catalog. I'd just make sure that all of them had been updated recently.

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!