cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Configure email sending on Magento 2.1.15 on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)

How to Configure email sending on Magento 2.1.15 on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)

Hello

I have a new installation for Magento 2.1.15 on Google Cloud Platform. I am unable to find where and how to configure the email sending functions. Anyone can please help me ASAP

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to Configure email sending on Magento 2.1.15 on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)

@sameh_khalil 

I guess this is what you are looking for: Admin -> Stores -> Settings -> Configuration -> Advance -> System -> Mail Sending Setting

https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/system/email-communications.html

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Re: How to Configure email sending on Magento 2.1.15 on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)

Thank you. I already did this but the issue is that I am not running on Windows. I am running on Google Cloud Platform. Then how can I configure the host

@Tarandeep Singh wrote:

@sameh_khalil 

I guess this is what you are looking for: Admin -> Stores -> Settings -> Configuration -> Advance -> System -> Mail Sending Setting

https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/system/email-communications.html

name and port number?

@sameh_khalilI could not understand where the windows come from. This are the settings in Magento. If you  have already done those setting and still not receiving email then please check if you have SMTP configured on your server. If you do then please create a test file to check if email server is configured properly and you are able to send email from your server.

If needed please coordinate with the support to get the smtp / email working.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Hi please let me explain it like this. Following is a screenshot from the Mail Sending settings. the host name and Port number are highlighted in red and both are for Windows only while my Magento is installed on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) not windows so how can I configure it to send emails.

Untitled.png

You can run a Virtual Server with windows server also in Google Cloud and then export the data from the original store to the new installation.

I think the best server solution for Magento is Nginx