cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add option (textfield) to configurable product without affecting to price?

How to add option (textfield) to configurable product without affecting to price?

Hello!

I need extra description from a customer who takes an order. 

It must be assigned with every item (not with all order)

All products on the site are configurable! (It is important)

If I add 'Customizable Options' to every child (simple product), I don't see the text field and swatch attribute hiding too.

If I try to add 'Customizable Options' to the configurable product - I see it. I put some text in the text field. Product price at the cart change to zero!

If I put some amount to Option price than item price at cart like price this text option. It is wrong for configurable product.

How I can to add a text field for a configurable product without affecting to price?

Thank you!

* Magento 2.3

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to add option (textfield) to configurable product without affecting to price?

Hi @Vasya999 

Allowing customers to add a comment on the product detail page cannot be possible in Magento.

You can achieve this business requirement using either extension or through customization. However, it might be difficult to get an extension who will fulfill your requirement to add a comment on per product basis because most of the extensions available in the market will allow customers to add a comment on per order.

"Customizable Options" feature can be used when a single product has multiple options to select from and doesn't require the stock to be maintained. For example, if you offer a t-shirt with an option to add "Text" on either side of that product, you can use this feature and take additional charge for it.

That's why your effort to capture customer comment using "Customizable Options" feature isn't leading you to the expected result.

Hope it helps!

Found the above suggestion helpful, hit the "Kudos" & Accept as Solution!

Thank you,
Rohan D.
Free & Premium Magento 2 Extensions