cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the IP address to domain name in Magento 2.2.5 on Google Cloud Platform

How to change the IP address to domain name in Magento 2.2.5 on Google Cloud Platform

Hi I am hosting my store website on Magento 2.2.5 on Google Cloud Platform

Google gave me a public ip address ex: 125.125.125.126 for this site and I already have a domain name for the company website ex: www.example.com

How can I assign the following address to the Magento: http://www.example.com/eCommerce

so whenever you type this address or open it from the company website you open the Magento website

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to change the IP address to domain name in Magento 2.2.5 on Google Cloud Platform

Hi @isbm

Well , you required to add this on 2 places - meaning 

1) you need to assign your domain name to hosting server - so from the DNS management of the domain - replace ip address with domain name so you can access your website with domain name

2) You need change URLs in your core_config_data table - open your database and find core_config_data table - from there you need to replace base_secure_url and base_unsecure_url - replace your ip address in this 2 column with your domain name

Then clear the cache and check !

It will works !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Re: How to change the IP address to domain name in Magento 2.2.5 on Google Cloud Platform

Hi, as I am a beginner may I ask for specific steps to follow