cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove or cancel order in payment review status

SOLVED

How to remove or cancel order in payment review status

I am new to magento (open source) and am trying to set up a new store.  I have just upgraded to version 2.4.0.

In experimenting with PayPal setup (using their sandbox), and product configuration, I somehow got an order in "Payment Review" status.  The order is for a real product, but with experimental quantities for now.  This is causing my "Salable Quantity" to be wrong.  I can't ship it, and I can't cancel it.

How can I fix this without having to delete the product and start over with it?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to remove or cancel order in payment review status

OK I figured this out.  It was an issue with the payment status in the *receiving* paypal sandbox account, not the *buyer* paypal sandbox account.  I "refunded" the problem transaction within the paypal sandbox, updated the order within the Magento backend, then I was able to issue a credit memo which then returns the ordered items and releases them to be sold again.

Thanks @Sanjay Jethva for the hints about this.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @KnittyNoddy 

The order payment is under review due to which the invoice is generated. That is why the order cannot be cancelled.

To manage the quantity, generate the credit memo and your issue will be solved.

Thank you.

Problem solved? Click Kudos and "Accept as Solution".
200+ Magento 2 Extensions for Enhanced Shopping Experience.

I don't see any way to create a credit memo for this test order, the payment status is "pending".  Something happened with using the PayPal Sandbox at the time, and the payment NEVER updates.

The only choices presented are to "Send Email" and "Get Payment Update".  Like I said, when I click "Get Payment Update" it returns no update and the state never changes.

How do I remove or cancel this order?

Screenshot from 2020-07-30 07-27-06.png

OK I figured this out.  It was an issue with the payment status in the *receiving* paypal sandbox account, not the *buyer* paypal sandbox account.  I "refunded" the problem transaction within the paypal sandbox, updated the order within the Magento backend, then I was able to issue a credit memo which then returns the ordered items and releases them to be sold again.

Thanks @Sanjay Jethva for the hints about this.