Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select one simple product as part of a configurable product by default

How to select one simple product as part of a configurable product by default

Hello,

I am facing the following behavior:

1. When selecting a configurable product I always have to select a color first

2. When I select a color the product URL does not change to the URL of the simple product

Expected behavior:

1. When I open a product from the category view with multiple color options (simple products) the color seen in the category page shall always be preselected by default.

2. When I select another color (simple item) the URL should change to the URL of this specific simple item.

What are the configurations required to achieve this result?

Thank you so much for your help in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to select one simple product as part of a configurable product by default

Hmm nope, it doesn't work lik that. The switching of attribute values is done via JS, jQuery scripts, so no url is visible to the user when he is selecting colors of your product. I tried to implement a similar thing, that is, that the first color is always selected by default, when user opens a certain product. I haven't implemented yet, but the guy on this site looks like has wrote a helpfull script to help you with this. Note that however you'll need some programming experience for this, or find someone to help you out. Hope this helps.

Re: How to select one simple product as part of a configurable product by default

It looks like I'm not allowed to past the external link on this forum, I'll try to PM or mail it to you, sorry Smiley Wink

Hello tofi,

Could you share me script/URL of this situation?

Hi Tofi would you please share this link with me as well?

Thanks!