cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set 2 rules and apply either one of them each time?

How to set 2 rules and apply either one of them each time?

Hello, our shop will launch a prmotion like below: 

Device : original price $1000

(1) Promotion price: $800  for the whole shop => using catalog price rule 20% off, then general customer can buy it at a discount price $800. 

(2) At the sametime,our marketing team are sending some coupons with 50% off discount to customers who finished survey. (Coupon Name : 50% off coupon) We would like these coupons only be applied on original price, that means they will purchase the device at $500, but not $800 X 50%=$400. 

I don't know how to set this coupon with cart price rule when the Device price is on discount. I think this case is having 2 promotions at the sametime but only one applied on each customer. Could you please give me some adivice?

Thank you so much!

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to set 2 rules and apply either one of them each time?

Hello @icycathykw3c99 

Have you tried to discard subsequent rules as yes at the time of setting the rules?

Another way you can change the customer group for which your marketing team sends the coupon code. 

then set the catalog price rule for the group A customer and for group B the 50% of coupon code.

If my answer is helpful full then please set the accept solution flag and kudos flag so other members can take the same reference.