cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ship an item separately from the rest of the order

How to ship an item separately from the rest of the order

We have an art print on our store that needs to be shipped flat but if the customer orders other items, we need to have the print ship by itself with its own shipping cost , we cannot figure out how to do this in Magento. Does anyone know?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to ship an item separately from the rest of the order

Hi @alexander_frost 

You can ship single order items separately using magento default feature. But can't set different shipping code in admin while shipment.

You can use the following free extension to set different shipping cost for the item while shipment. You can check extension demo first. You can set it for admin only. 

magento-2-custom-shipping.html 

I hope it will help you!

How do you set it with "magento default feature"? 

We have 300 products in our store but we need just one of the products to ship in its own box... So if the customer orders:

1 Beer Mug

1 Dinner Plate

1 Art Print

We would like the Beer Mug and Dinner plate to ship in one box and the Art Print to ship in a different box...but we cannot figure out how to do it? Any Ideas???

HI @alexander_frost 

We can create multiple shipment for a single order.

For example, I have placed a order with 3 items.

I have create 2 shipment, for first I have set qty=1 for 2 items and 0 for third item.

Next time, I have ship only third item which was not shipped.

for more info:
https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/sales/shipments-create.html

attachment attached for the reference.
Screenshot from 2020-01-28 08-40-40.pngScreenshot from 2020-01-28 08-38-46.pngScreenshot from 2020-01-28 08-37-10.png

Thank you for the responses, but I do not believe you understand what I am asking. 

Our store has a bunch of products but we need the Cart upon checkout to understand that one of the products needs to ship by itself and charge the customer to ship this product in a different box.... 

For example:

The Customer orders a Dinner Plate and an Art Print... the Shopping cart would charge 

$3 for First Class Shipping of the Dinner Plate in Box 1

And

$2 for first class shipping of the Art Print in Box 2

Again I cannot seem to figure out how to do this in the Admin Panel. We would even accept being able to apply a Flat Rate to the Art Print but the Cart would calculate shipping for the Dinner Plate, but we cannot figure that out either.

@alexander_frost 

Hello, I believe i understand exactly what your looking to do - we can show you how to calculate shipping individually for specific items so that your total shipping cost to the costumer is always accurate.  the advancedshippingmanager is the full solution to this request - let me know if you would like to discuss in full detail.

@alexander_frost I guess you can't solve this with default Magento. It requires some additional "Shipping per Product" module. Or our all-inclusive shipping solution Calcurates can solve this with its "Individual Products" algorithm for Table Rates. Feel free to book a demo on our website, we can show you how it works.