cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to configure products & Images for products can be taken from different CMS System?

I want to configure products & Images for products can be taken from different CMS System?

I want to configure products in Magento 2.0  and want product Images to load from different location or  can be taken from different Content Management System ?

Actually we already has our products configured to a existing  CMS system and we want to use the same CMS with Magento 2.0 so that Magento can pick  products images and other attributes from the existing CMS .

Is it possible?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I want to configure products & Images for products can be taken from different CMS System?

Hi @Vimal777,

I guess you're saying that those images should be loaded automatically from other locations? Or maybe you want to import into Magento from another location?

Can you explain a little bit more?

Re: I want to configure products & Images for products can be taken from different CMS System?

Actually we already has our products configured to a existing  CMS system and we want to use the same CMS with Magento 2.0 so that Magento can pick  products images and other attributes from the existing CMS .

Is it possible?

Thanks Damian for quick response

@Damian Culotta wrote:

Hi @Vimal777,

I guess you're saying that those images should be loaded automatically from other locations? Or maybe you want to import into Magento from another location?

Can you explain a little bit more?

Hi @Vimal777,

I guess there isn't an easy solution.

If you want to grab the image in real time you shoudl customize, in some way, you theme (plus some module, of course) to read the image from the CMS on-the-fly.

The other way is to grab the image when you import or after you save the product when you create your copy into Magento.

In both scenarios you gonna need some level of customization. At least if you want to use your current CMS as source for the images.