cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an easy way to import or generate and setup Tier Pricing

Looking for an easy way to import or generate and setup Tier Pricing

Hi all,

Can anyone point me out to an easy way to import or mass update tier pricing. I have struggled with importing extensions that handle with .csv but I would like something miore user friendly. Preferably a solution that works directly from Magento Admin.

I run a clothing store and have at about 3000 produsct divided into 50 product groups. I would like to set Tier Prices for 1 or more groups by 1 click.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Looking for an easy way to import or generate and setup Tier Pricing

Hi @marco_flaman 

Best solution is here :

https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/system/data-import-price-tier.html

If my answer is helpful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Hi Marco,

Other than using a CSV or similar import, which would require you to fill out each row for each of your 3000 products that require tiered pricing, I've done something very similar in the past with this Magento Extension:

https://marketplace.magento.com/amasty-module-special-promotions-pro.html

It will allow you to apply a rule to many products at a time. If pricing changes, you can adjust the rule once instead of updating each product individually (whether through rows on a spreadsheet or otherwise).

The extension has options for creating rules for Each Product after "N", and can be set up with fixed prices (very similar to tiered prices), fixed discounts, or percentage discounts.

If you can do this without an extension, such as by writing a script to help speed up filling out a CSV for import, that would be my recommendation, but since you're seeking options, I thought you might appreciate this one.

Best of luck!

Hi @Ravikant soni Thank you very muych for your quick reply, but as you can read in my question, this is not what I want. I asked for a more user friendly solution that doesn't use .csv import files etc.

Hi @Robert Rand thank you fro your answer. I thought about this solution but first this extension is far to expensive for me and next to that I want the tier prices to be visible on product page and even better also on listing page I noticed in my store it really pushes customer to buy more products.

Hi Marco, I agree with your feedback. I agree that native tiered pricing is your best option, but I don't know of a more cost-effective solution that could be applied in a case like this to speed up or simplify bulk-updating the data through the Magento admin.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer I may have found and extension developer who is working on some solution for this. As soon as I know more I will post it here for other users. I will also point them to this thread, maybe they are willing to comment on it.

Hi @marco_flaman 

If you feel uncomfortable with csv. Then I have solution for it. Programatically create a frontend form in php. This form will take product's tier price and sku data for multiple products. And on submission, it will give a ready to use csv. You don't need to check that csv file just import it in admin directly and pricing will be updated. 

If my answer is helpful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Hi,

We have had a quick chat with @marco_flaman and may have a solution for this. We have had these kind of questions before and therefore added a feature to our Best4Mage Configurable Products use Simple Details extension. This extension is designed to improve the working of configurable products in Magento 2 with:

• Dynamic content updates
  • Dynamic URL
  • Preselect active attribute
  • Advanced tier pricing
  • Adjustable for different templates

and as of today also with Tier Price Import directly from admin.

This extension has a lot of extra features besides the Tier Price Import, but later we will also implement it in our Tier Price Extension.

Any questions, feel free to drop us a mail at info@best4mage.combest4mage-cpsd-tier-price-import.png

After a chat with the developer of this extension I bought it for my clothing store. At first I was only looking for an extension to easily import tier prices (see start of this topic). It has a great import feature next to the configurable product enhancements like advanced tier pricing, preselection etc. I wanted an Configurable Products Extension that also is active on my category page and this is the one to have. I can even see tier pricing on my category page.

Looking for an extension for you configurable products in Magento 2 look no further.

This is the one to have.

Thank you Sandy from Best4Mage for your help on this.