cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.2.6. Installing purchased theme

Magento 2.2.6. Installing purchased theme

Hi, 

I have this theme and trying to configure it with my fresh magento 2.2.6 installation. Theme documentation is out dated and it says I can install theme using Template config which is not accessible in magento 2.2.6 version. 

Can someone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento 2.2.6. Installing purchased theme

@shumailakhan

Theme Files Upload

- Upload

Unzip Theme Package > Theme Files > Magento 2.x > Theme.zip and upload all directories to magento 2 root directory.

Copy the theme’s code under <Magento root dir>/app/design/frontend for a storefront theme or <Magento root dir>/app/design/adminhtml for an Admin theme. Make sure the top-level directory is <VendorName>; otherwise, the theme won’t install properly.

For example:

cp -r ExampleTheme <Magento root dir>/app/design/frontend
Confirm the theme copied to the correct place.

Storefront theme: ls <Magento root dir>/app/design/frontend
Admin theme: ls <Magento root dir>/app/design/adminhtml

Activate SW Extensions, open command line in folder root of magento and run commands via ssh using putty or others,
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento cache:flush

Select theme in Content > Design > Configuration page for Magento 2.1.x or 2.2.x version.

If your Magento version is 2.1.x or 2.2.x, go to Content > Design > Configuration, click on the Edit link for your own store in the grid, select the theme within the dropdown list which the label is Applied Theme, click Save Config.For more info you have to follow below Magento dev doc and theme document:

https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.1/cloud/howtos/custom-theme.html

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Re: Magento 2.2.6. Installing purchased theme

Hello @shumailakhan,

Please provide me purchase theme link.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos