cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 Not saving changes at the backend

Magento 2 Not saving changes at the backend

If i change something at the backend/admin, like: time zone, currency or anything at the Configuration tab, Magento doesn't save my changes when i click the "save-button". In fact, the backend isn't stop loading/saving. I have to stop the proces, because it is not stopping of his own. It's like Magento can't save the changes. Someone has experience with this?

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Magento 2 Not saving changes at the backend

I have the exact same problem with my fresh installation of Magento 2.01

In the admin backend, if I try to save a new setting, it just wont save. Instead, when I hit the save-button, the Magento backend will stay in an endless loop saying "please wait" - but nothing happens.

The only thing you can do is reload the admin area, but that doesn't solve the issue.

The problem occurs mainly when trying to change things in the admin area, like the admin session lifetime.

We checked the permission settings and PHP settings, everything looks fine.

Did anyone experience this problem so far, and does anybody have a solutions to this?

Thank you for your answer!

I'm also seeing this issue on a fresh installation of Magento 2.0.2, though it extends to creating products and categories as well.

After some more checking, it seems there were some missing files in pub/static/adminhtml/Magento/backend/en_US/Magento_Paypal that were actually causing the save problem. It took about a dozen rounds of refreshing the admin page and updating file/folder permissions in the /pub folder before each of the files finally came in.

I am having the exact same problem, and seems to occur the most when editing products. A refresh of the page usually solves the issue but will lose any changes I have made making loading in products a real pain.

Is there something in my install/configuration wrong? How did you add in the missing files?

I'm having the exact same problem with adding a product etc and the save animation goes on forever and does not actually save anything. After trying to change the user language the css disappeared! I think the permissions reset.. weird.

I have the same problem can't save a thing. tried almost anything .. i hope there will be a solution soon

What helped in my case was reindexin (system > index managemet // CRON JOB).

The cron jobs weren't set up correctly. Now saving works properly.

I'm getting this same problem.

Magento was setup on localhost and then moved to the live server.

Have reindexed everything and still not working. Any ideas?

Thanks storepeinture, I'm having the same issue

Cong ty thiet ke website chuyen nghiep uy tin gia re | nhan thiet ke web ban hang online gia re chuan mobile

Me too-- have not been able to save changes in admin for Mag 2 since last Thursday June 9th. I was updating category descriptions then on Thursday mid day, updated failed to save.